Sunday, November 15, 2009

BP14_20091115_Response to Erin Lodes

BP#8_2009112_Web 2.0: ClassTools.net
Screenshot of the Classtools.net logo taken by Erin Lodes

Check out this website! http://classtools.net/

This great tool allows you to customize flash games or quizzes for use in your own class. Here's a sample for music:


Click here for full screen version


There are tons of websites my students visit and use for music learning, and now I can make my own based specifically on our class content.

The example that I share above allows students to choose their own Arcade Game to play, and all of those games interact with the same content that I entered. I like this added choice on this particular template. I also appreciate how easy it is to enter information. On the screen shot of my data entry screen to the right, you can see that all I had to do was enter my questions, an asterisk, and then the answer. the program does the rest! This is a tool that I can truly share with my peers as an example of something that is genuinely easy to use.

And, as always, I appreciate how easy it is to embed the game directly into my website. Since I already maintain websites for all of my classes, I prefer to keep all of my content focused on the one page when possible. It makes it easier to keep my students focused on the content they should be interacting with rather than wandering off and losing their original class page.

This site will prove useful to teachers in all subject areas!


Erin- This tool looks super easy to use and fun for my kids to use. They always want to play games, but I want them to work on content. This is a good way to compromise. I look forward to getting into this site and exploring more. Thanks Erin!

No comments:

Post a Comment