Sunday, November 1, 2009

BP2_2009111_RSS Feeds

1. Free Technology for Teachers- I chose this feed because of the ideas I could get to use in my classroom, for free. I already found 3 sources I can use with my class.
2. Educational Technology- This site was chosen in order to learn more about technology in regards to education.
3. Education Week American Education News Site of Record- On this feed I found an interesting article on "Common Standards." This is interesting to me because my school just started doing Standards Based Report Cards last year.
4. NPR Topics:Education- On this feed was a very interesting article on "4th Grade Math Scores Show No Improvement." I teach 4th grade and found it odd that across the country 4th grade has not improved in math scores. Especially since I feel like I focus on math quite a bit.
5. Yahoo Education-I liked this feed because it has "word of the day." I think vocabulary and dictionary skills are important for students. I have many ELL students and any way to make English easier and more accessible.

1 comment:

  1. I like the "free technology for teachers" feed - I will have to add that to mine, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete